Monday, March 16, 2015

HPL Staff Deveopment Day

SAVE THE DATE
HPL Staff – Learning, Leading and Linking to the Future
2015 Staff Development Day

Friday, May 1, 2015 | 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. 
George R. Brown Convention Center

1001 Avenida de las Americas

Houston, Texas 77010


Join us for a day of learning, sharing, mixing and mingling with fellow HPL team members. Hear from special guest speakers, attend informative and engaging learning sessions plus enjoy continental breakfast, lunch, door prizes, and much more!  Looking forward to seeing you there! 
Frequently Asked Questions

Q.  What is Staff Development Day? ~  It is a day for HPL staff to learn, have fun, mingle with other staff, explore future of libraries, win prizes and more! It’s like a one day conference for HPL staff. You will hear from library leaders and attend informative sessions.

Q.  Who will work at the library if we are all at the SDD? ~ All HPL locations will be closed to allow for 100% staff participation.


Q.  Where and what time?~ George R. Brown, Ballroom C. Friday, May 1, 2015. 8am-5pm. Breakfast, lunch and snacks will be provided.


Q.   Can I bring my own lunch? ~ No outside food is allowed but we have a menu with a variety of selections.

Q.   Can I take a day off instead? Do I have to attend? ~SDD attendance is mandatory. Staff Development Day is an investment in you! It is designed to be an informative and exciting day where all employees can gather and share this unique experience. You wouldn’t want to miss it!

Q.   Do I have to stay for the entire event? ~Yes. The event is scheduled for 8am-5pm. All staff members are expected to attend all scheduled events. Staff will receive training credits for attending breakout sessions. Sign-in during each session is required to receive training credit.

Q.   What should I wear? ~ Wear what you would normally wear to your location on Fridays. We do recommend business casual attire. No shorts, flip flops, halter tops and muscle shirts.

Q.   It’s my day off for working the previous Saturday. ~Your schedule will need to be adjusted accordingly. Please check with your manager/supervisor.

Q.  What if I can’t attend due to an emergency? ~ We understand that emergencies happen. If you need to take the day off, you must provide proper medical documentation on your first day back to work.

Q.   I work part time. Do I have to attend? ~Yes. All HPL employees must attend. You will be paid for 8 hours and your schedule will have to be adjusted. Please check with your manager/supervisor.

Q.  I have a class scheduled on May 1. What should I do? ~ We are giving you enough advance notice to make arrangements with your instructor. Please check with your manager.

Q.    Will I have to sign in to Kronos? ~ You will not have to sign in. Your schedule will be taken care of by your manager/supervisor. Your timecard will be adjusted manually after the event.

Q.   Will there be parking at the GRB? ~ We are looking into it. Driving and parking directions will be updated here including a map. Stay tuned.

Q.  How many folks are we expecting to attend? ~ Every HPL employee is expected to attend plus invited guest speakers etc. We approximate 540  attendees.    

Q.  Will the programs and sessions be recorded? ~We are looking into it. Stay tuned.

Q.  Will accommodations be made for staff with special needs? ~ Yes. Let us know if you need assistance with seating, mobility, nursing etc. We encourage you to email us your requests.
 
Q.  When, how and what do we tell our customers? ~ Information will be available on the HPL website at a designated time before the event.
All location will receive closure signage. We will prepare a script that you may use to inform customers.  Additionally, no library programs/events should be scheduled for Friday, May 1. No library items are due on this date either.

Q. Who should I contact if I have questions? Where can I find more information?~Check these FAQs as we will revise them as needed. Send your question to hpl.staffdevelopment@houstontx.gov.




No comments:

Post a Comment